The annulled marriage between Noah and Noor

The Froyalan Tribunal is a special court of justice for the crimes surrounding the Froyalan Genocide.
Mahmud bin Alsalam
أمير‎

Post by Mahmud bin Alsalam » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:04 pm

Held at 14.II.1681 AN

“All rise ... this tribunal is now in session. The honorable judge Lothar presides ”The attendees stand up and the three judges come in. When these take place, the presiding judge Lothar invites the attendees to sit down. “The case for the annulment of the marriage of [[Thorstein Noah Hallbjörnsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja]] and [[Noor as-Salaam bint Daniyal Umra Suleiman Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati Umm Zahir al-Din]]. Can the Prosecution open the case? "

"Please, Your Honourable Judge," replied Eva von Babenberch. “The case about the annulment of this marriage is complex on the one hand, because of the implications it has, but on the other hand very simple. Therefore the primary question is: did the Elwynnese Senate have the jurisdiction to annul the marriage?"

"To answer that question, I want to present the marriage contract to the tribunal." Eva hands over a certified copy of the marriage contract.
* Marriage Contract between Noah and Noor (on Bastion)
* Marriage Contract between Noah and Noor (in Stormark)

Then she continues: "As you can see, the marriage contract is based on Storish law, as is also apparent from the corresponding ‘Instrument of Consent to Matrimony’. Marriage termination would be possible under Article 10 of the marriage contract, but neither the contract nor the Storish law give room for annulment."

“The Elwynnese Senate's annulment is on petition from impostor Travis Barrett, who at the time presented himself as Vilhjálm Daniel Gudrödar. I have the certified copy of this petition here. As well as a copy of the handling of this petition in the Elwynnese Senate” Eva hands these documents to the judge.

* A Letter is read to the Senate
* Petition re Noor/Noah marriage]

“It appears from these documents that the marriage was concluded under Storish law. But it was annulled by the Elwynnese Senate. The Elwynnese Senate has no jurisdiction to judge the Storish law. I would also like to inform the tribunal that the annulment took place after the death of Noor as-Salaam bint Daniyal Umra Suleiman Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati Umm Zahir al-Din. The motivation to still annul the marriage is perhaps not for legal reasons, but for political considerations.”

"Your honourable judge," Eva continues, "After all these documents, I want to call a witness." The judge said, "You may." "May I call, Thorstein Noah Hallbjörnsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja," said Eva. Noah comes forward and said: “Thank you, Your Honourable Judge. My appreciation goes to this Tribunal, regardless of the verdict. Because this Tribunal wants to investigate further the judgment of the Elwynnese Senate and I am welcome to testify here. The latter was different when the Elwynnese Senate dealt with the petition of the impostor Travis Barrett. In blessed memory of my deceased wife, Noor, it hurts me that the trial continued after the coup. The annulment by the Elwynnese Senate has never been acknowledged by me, but has until now been regarded as truth outside of Stormark. My hope is that you, in your wisdom, decide that my marriage to my beloved Noor is not void.”

"Thank you for your words, also thanks to the prosecutor," the judge decided. Judge Lothar adjourned the hearing and consulted his fellow judges. The session was reopened after a short time. "The tribunal has come to a judgement: the marriage contract of the marriage between Noah and Noor is based on Storish law. This means that the petition to and annulment by the Elwynnese Senate is unlawful, because the Elwynnese Senate has no jurisdiction over Storish law. The annulment of the marriage of Noor and Noah is illegal end therefore null and void."